ANARCHO-CAPITALISTS
Bitch-Slapping Statists For Fun & Profit Based On The Non-Aggression Principle

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Looking to expand my network

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
NBlakiston

Looking to expand my network Vide
PostSubject: Looking to expand my network   Looking to expand my network Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2020 6:16 pm

Hi, I am an ancap who has spent many hours defeating Marxist arguments within Facebook anarchy groups, but I have now been disabled from that platform, despite not being given a single warning, never making a single physical threat and never having even a single post taken down by their "Fact Checkers". I am now seeking to expand my network outside of Facebook.

I look forward to going through the forums here to see what I can contribute to the discussion. Anarchocapitalism is the end game of free market thought, just like Marxism is the end game of leftist thought. Ultimately, the direction that we move in this world will come down to who wins that debate. Many right-wing folks dismiss Marxism out of hand and end up resorting to insults because they cannot rebuke the arguments being made while keeping their cool. There are a few areas that I think anarchocapitalists in particular have difficulties with and a few concessions I feel like should be made:

I identify as an anarchocapitalist because I believe what other anarchocapitalists believe, that we should live in a society free from centralized government but one that respects property rights. However, the idea of property ownership is itself a hierarchy, so I generally reject the anarchist label. Left wing anarchists claim all hierarchies should be abolished (an impossible notion) but considering the negative image "anarchists" currently have, they can keep the label. Ownership and hierarchy cannot be escaped but what can be escaped is the use of violence to enforce hierarchies.

Marxists will point out that land ownership automatically creates a state, and they are correct. What we want therefore is not the absence of states, but a society where each independent land owner is effectively their own state. Under this structure, "states" will compete for tenants, employees, customers and investors and whoever offers the best terms will be economically successful and be more likely to increase their land holdings. It is not the absence of all rules we are looking for, it is simply the absence of centralized rules that are imparted upon the entire society. Each property owner should be free to rule their own property as they see fit.

In the absence of a government monopoly on security/police/defense services, individuals and companies will demand security, and participants in the market will be free to offer those services and compete for their business. Like all other markets, unrestricted competition will result in consumers having access to the highest quality services at the lowest possible cost.

Violence occurs for several reasons within our current society and it is important to understand the reasons it occurs, and to acknowledge the basic fact that individuals will be motivated to protect their own property with violence, regardless of whether that is just. A Marxist can perhaps make an effective argument that it is unjust but we do not need to argue that point, we simply need to acknowledge the reality that actually exists.

The three largest reasons violence exists are that people lack nonviolent economic opportunities, that people are fighting over centralized political power, and that individuals who are enslaved by governments or other individuals have no safe places to flee to under the current government structure. Ending centralized government will address all three of these concerns and this is how you counter when the Marxists claim you are suggesting neo-feudalism. If anyone attempts to enslave another on their land, the slave has the maximum possible numbers of countries to flee to. Surely, someone in our society will be compassionate enough to take them in.

It is key to talk about compassion because Marxists assume that any capitalist structure will be inherently selfish with super wealthy people exploiting the poorest in our society. Human nature, however, is compassionate, and the selfishness that exists in our society has been due to a reliance on the government to take care of other people, combined with the restriction of economic opportunities that has resulted in less wealth to redistribute and more people in need of such a distribution. In the absence of government, individuals will step up to the plate to take care of each other.

They will do so not only because they are inherently compassionate beings, but because nonviolent economic controls such as boycotts and smear campaigns will be greatly effective in correcting antisocial behavior by the wealthiest amongst us. Not only will people have the opportunity to participate in more boycotts due to having greater economic prosperity, but company profits will be solely based on meeting the demands of the marketplace instead of being at least partially based upon the acquisition of political power. If society demands social responsibility, society will get it. This is far better than our current system where we rely upon centralized government to regulate economic markets and then discover that not only are our politicians incapable of doing so effectively, but more often than not seem to be more interested in setting regulations that favor their political donors than ones intended to benefit the society.

Anyway, I've written you guys an essay. I hope at least a few people find their way here and read it, it certainly seems like the mainstream tech companies are doing everything they can to silence any voices that don't fit with the establishment's narrative.

My website is linked in my profile and on there, you can read my blog and find a link to my YouTube channels.
Back to top Go down
https://www.humandiscourse.com
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

PostSubject: Re: Looking to expand my network   Looking to expand my network Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2020 7:10 pm

Yo!

Not surprised you're having problems on FB.

Quote :
the basic fact that individuals will be motivated to protect their own property with violence, regardless of whether that is just.

Why would protecting one's property be 'unjust?'

Quote :
A Marxist can perhaps make an effective argument that it is unjust...

No, they can't actually.

Quote :
The three largest reasons violence exists are...

Well, it exists because of choices, people choose to use violence in order to achieve their aims. Also, it's part of our nature, after all, we are animals. Though sure, statism doesn't help.

Quote :
It is key to talk about compassion because Marxists assume that any capitalist structure will be inherently selfish...

And it will be. I have no problem with 'selfishness' so long as it is rational. Compassion will always be a marginal issue.

Quote :
nonviolent economic controls such as boycotts and smear campaigns...

Smear campaigns will end up in court over economic/reputational damage.
Back to top Go down
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

PostSubject: Re: Looking to expand my network   Looking to expand my network Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2020 8:04 pm

Welcome 1

Quote :
Anarchocapitalism is the end game of free market thought, just like Marxism is the end game of leftist thought. Ultimately, the direction that we move in this world will come down to who wins that debate.

Agreed. Someone said it: "Philosophy moves the world."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking to expand my network   Looking to expand my network Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking to expand my network

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Welcome & Inductions :: Induct Yourself Into AnCaps Here-