HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

'Turning people into zombies': Inside the Russian troll factory

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

'Turning people into zombies': Inside the Russian troll factory  Vide
PostSubject: 'Turning people into zombies': Inside the Russian troll factory    'Turning people into zombies': Inside the Russian troll factory  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2018 7:23 pm

At first, new recruits to the Internet Research Agency, the notorious Russian troll factory, were thrilled by the better-than-average salaries they earned simply for posting on the internet. But one says he eventually realised that the work hid a darker reality: Both they and their audience were meant to turn into zombies.

'Turning people into zombies': Inside the Russian troll factory  1519078490921

"They were just giving me money for writing," said the former troll, a St. Petersburg resident who wanted to get into marketing or journalism but was drawn by the hard-to-match  paycheck. "I was much younger and did not think about the moral side. I simply wrote because I loved writing. I was not trying to change the world."

http://www.smh.com.au/world/turning-people-into-zombies-inside-the-russian-troll-factory-20180219-p4z0xe.html
Back to top Go down

'Turning people into zombies': Inside the Russian troll factory

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Welcome & Inductions :: AnCaps Forum Technical Non-Assistance-