Bitch-Slapping Statists For Fun & Profit Based On The Non-Aggression Principle

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Thanks to OZschwitz statists, generation Jobless at risk of becoming reality

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

Thanks to OZschwitz statists, generation Jobless at risk of becoming reality Vide
PostSubject: Thanks to OZschwitz statists, generation Jobless at risk of becoming reality   Thanks to OZschwitz statists, generation Jobless at risk of becoming reality Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 2:43 am

The latest youth unemployment figures show more than 257,000 young Australians are unemployed.

Thanks to OZschwitz statists, generation Jobless at risk of becoming reality 1397480017010.jpg-620x349

Before this, the Australian Bureau of Statistics released figures showing the youth jobless rate was double the general unemployment rate, with 12.2 per cent of 15 to 24 year olds looking for work. I’ve just been freed from the category, at 25, and employed, but for different periods of my life, I was also part of this young jobless generation.

In high school, I found that I was almost immediately discouraged by the idea of going to university. Most of high school is spent thinking about your next subject, not your future. Then year 12 comes around and you are suddenly faced with the reality of making momentous decisions about the rest of your life. Journalism was my main choice but I quickly found out that the expected minimum entrance grade was well into the 90 range on the Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank. Instead of being encouraged to work harder and pursue my chosen career path, I was left feeling inadequate, without counsel and decided to not bother going to university at all.

Later, I realised I was going nowhere and there was not much for me to pursue without a degree. I ended up deferring, transferring and eventually graduating from a journalism degree. But on my first day at university, the class was told by the head lecturer that journalists earned next to nothing, we would have to try and intern as much as possible for free (which was still a competitive field), and jobs were scarce. So basically, we had just signed up for three years of possibly wasting our time and $17,000 of debt. Great.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/comment/youth-unemployment-generation-jobless-at-risk-of-becoming-reality-20140414-zquf3.html#ixzz2yw1K2WCp
Back to top Go down

Thanks to OZschwitz statists, generation Jobless at risk of becoming reality

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps' Laissez-faire Free Trade Zone-