AnCaps
ANARCHO-CAPITALISTS
Bitch-Slapping Statists For Fun & Profit Based On The Non-Aggression Principle

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Rights violation: Sir Keir Starmer hints he would BAN private healthcare if he were PM

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

Rights violation: Sir Keir Starmer hints he would BAN private healthcare if he were PM Vide
PostSubject: Rights violation: Sir Keir Starmer hints he would BAN private healthcare if he were PM   Rights violation: Sir Keir Starmer hints he would BAN private healthcare if he were PM Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2021 4:45 pm

Sir Keir Starmer has hinted that he would phase out private healthcare and implement a 'ten-year plan' for the NHS if he were Prime Minister.

Rights violation: Sir Keir Starmer hints he would BAN private healthcare if he were PM 51035527-10248915-image-m-8_1638018961284

Speaking to the BBC's Political Thinking podcast, the Labour leader described how his mother – who worked as nurse and regarded the health service as her 'lifeline' – feared a move towards privatisation if 'things got really bad'.

'Of course, we have had the private sector providing operations that people have now had at no cost to them, and you've got to have a practical answer to this. But that sense of public service of the NHS ran very very deep in my mum and runs very very deep in me.'

Pressed on whether he would ban private medicine, the Labour leader said: 'I don't think you can just stop it in one go like that, but you do need more resources, you actually – we actually need to rethink health.

'We'd be a better country if we dealt with health upstream, preventative measures in the community, much better use of technology in our hospitals and a proper ten-year plan for the NHS with appropriate funding. That would be a much better discussion about the NHS than the extent to how much needs to be private or not.

'This is almost like the discussion about private schools. I want the NHS and I want our school system to be so good that nobody feels that they need to go private in the first place.'

.https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10248915/Sir-Keir-Starmer-hints-BAN-private-healthcare-PM.html

Guillotine
Back to top Go down

Rights violation: Sir Keir Starmer hints he would BAN private healthcare if he were PM

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps On Rights, Individualism & Lifestyles-