View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

The absurd: Transgender fighter Alana McLaughlin wins MMA debut  Vide
PostSubject: The absurd: Transgender fighter Alana McLaughlin wins MMA debut    The absurd: Transgender fighter Alana McLaughlin wins MMA debut  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2021 8:03 pm

Alana McLaughlin, the second openly transgender woman to compete in MMA in the United States, won her debut Friday night via submission at the Combate Global prelims in Miami, Fla.

The absurd: Transgender fighter Alana McLaughlin wins MMA debut  Alana-McLaughlin-won-her-MMA-debut-Friday.

The 38-year-old used a rear-naked choke against Celine Provost to end the match 3 minutes, 32 seconds into the second round.

McLaughlin, who began her gender transition after leaving the U.S. Army Special Forces in 2010, said she hopes to be a pioneer for transgender athletes in combat sports.

“I want to pick up the mantle that Fallon put down,” McLaughlin told Outsports before the fight, referring to Fallon Fox, who in 2012 became the first transgender woman to fight in MMA. “Right now, I’m following in Fallon’s footsteps. I’m just another step along the way and it’s my great hope that there are more to follow behind me.”

Fox, who sat cageside Friday, last fought in 2014. Four years later, Patricio Manuel became the first transgender male to compete in a pro boxing match in the United States when he beat Hugo Aguilar via unanimous decision.

.https://nypost.com/2021/09/11/transgender-fighter-alana-mclaughlin-wins-mma-debut/

Thumbs down
Back to top Go down

The absurd: Transgender fighter Alana McLaughlin wins MMA debut

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: Human Degeneracy Watch: Enemies Of Rational Values-