AnCaps
ANARCHO-CAPITALISTS
Bitch-Slapping Statists For Fun & Profit Based On The Non-Aggression Principle

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Non-Compliance Is an American Virtue That Stretches Back to Abolitionism (and Beyond)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

Non-Compliance Is an American Virtue That Stretches Back to Abolitionism (and Beyond) Vide
PostSubject: Non-Compliance Is an American Virtue That Stretches Back to Abolitionism (and Beyond)   Non-Compliance Is an American Virtue That Stretches Back to Abolitionism (and Beyond) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2021 6:04 pm

Some may see today's “we will not comply” movement as a modern trend, but civil disobedience has a rich history in America.

In response to the COVID-19 lockdowns and mandates, the phrase “we will not comply” and sentiments of civil disobedience have become increasingly popular.

Parents at school board meetings have been chanting the famous phrase to protest school districts forcing their children to wear masks while attending school this upcoming semester. In Williamson County, TN, parents protested outside their children’s school building after the board voted to mandate masks in schools.

Senator Rand Paul welcomes the phenomenon, recently writing in a Fox News op-ed, “I think the tide has turned, and more and more people are willing to stand up. I see stories from across the country of parents standing up to teacher unions and school boards. I see members of Congress refusing to comply with Petty Tyrant Pelosi.”

In another notable instance of civil disobedience against COVID-19 mandates, Tesla’s Elon Musk reopened his production plant last year in defiance of the county official who had ordered that it must remain closed. “Tesla is restarting production today against Alameda County rules,” Musk stated. “I will be on the line with everyone else. If anyone is arrested, I ask that it only be me.”

Non-Compliance Goes Way Back

Some may see the “we will not comply” movement as a modern trend, but civil disobedience has a rich history in America. As Amy Swearer of the Heritage Foundation points out, the phrase harkens back to the anti-slavery abolitionist movement.

https://fee.org/articles/non-compliance-is-an-american-virtue-that-stretches-back-to-abolitionism-and-beyond/

fuckers heroic fuckdsystem
Back to top Go down

Non-Compliance Is an American Virtue That Stretches Back to Abolitionism (and Beyond)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: Inside AnCaps, Philosophy, Libertarians & Ancapdemia's Ebony Basement-