AnCaps
ANARCHO-CAPITALISTS
Bitch-Slapping Statists For Fun & Profit Based On The Non-Aggression Principle

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Nonsense: The federal eviction moratorium expires in January. It could leave 40 million Americans homeless.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

Nonsense: The federal eviction moratorium expires in January. It could leave 40 million Americans homeless. Vide
PostSubject: Nonsense: The federal eviction moratorium expires in January. It could leave 40 million Americans homeless.   Nonsense: The federal eviction moratorium expires in January. It could leave 40 million Americans homeless. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2020 7:29 pm

Rochester, N.Y. — It’s safe to say that Shayla Black’s life is not what she imagined when she left her job in the magazine industry in January, feeling like she needed a change.

Before long, her quest for new opportunities was upended by massive job losses driven by the COVID-19 crisis. As Black’s finances started to dwindle and the rent continued to accrue at her second-story Harlem apartment, the 28-year-old found herself having to make some difficult choices.

Nonsense: The federal eviction moratorium expires in January. It could leave 40 million Americans homeless. 3c9cbeff-4471-4cd7-9f51-b0023aa236f2-Landlord_AZ

“You’re just told in a society, like, you pay your rent by any means necessary,” Black said. “I was ready to pay my very last to pay my rent. But how would I pay my electric? How would I get food?”

This fall, her landlord slipped a notice under her door: Either pay thousands in back rent or risk eviction, it said – despite a national moratorium prohibiting evictions for non-payment of rent.

“No one should ever have to experience the threat of being pushed out of their home,” Black said. “Especially in the middle of a pandemic.”

.https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/12/24/covid-eviction-moratoriums-could-eventually-leave-americans-homeless/4018226001/

40 million, eh?

nonsense
Back to top Go down

Nonsense: The federal eviction moratorium expires in January. It could leave 40 million Americans homeless.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps' Laissez-faire Free Trade Zone-