View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

Statists came to kill: survivor recalls Nigeria protest shooting Vide
PostSubject: Statists came to kill: survivor recalls Nigeria protest shooting   Statists came to kill: survivor recalls Nigeria protest shooting Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2020 8:19 am

The company that runs the toll gate has insisted that the cameras moved were those only for scanning car number plates.

But Clara is adamant.

Statists came to kill: survivor recalls Nigeria protest shooting Ad12827e13cf81102eceecad483ff240

"They were not plate registration cameras, they were at the top of the toll gate. It's a lie," she says.

At the time the curfew was meant to go into force, the demonstrators sat down on the tarmac and began to sing the national anthem.

As night set in Clara realised the giant electronic billboard over the site and street lights had been turned off.

"It's just when it started getting dark that we saw there was no light," she recounts.

Along with a few others she went to ask workers from the toll gate to turn the illuminations back on -- but they insisted it was an order from their boss.

"This is when I started hearing the shooting," Clara says.

"I saw five army vans in total. Two were at the back and three up front, all shooting," she continues.

"Some people brought two injured to us. There were still a lot of shootings and I was trying to call an ambulance," she says.

"A group of soldiers came to us, and we started shouting: 'Why are you killing us, we are one, we are brothers!'"

- 'Don't want to die' -

After a first wave of shooting "there was blood everywhere, people shouting".

"There were different people on the floor, some were moving, some were not moving," Clara says.

"We were just running. I saw a woman begging for help, she was shouting in Yoruba 'I don't want to die, I don't want to die'."

Then the break ended and more gunfire began.

"This time there were army guys and other people who seemed to be like police," she says.

"Out of nowhere the shooting started again, and I saw tear gas."

People desperately tried to flee the scene. Some hid in bushes. Others jumped into the nearby water of the lagoon.

Only at around 2.30 am (0130 GMT) did the sound of gunshots finally stop.

Echoing other witness accounts, Clara says she saw the soldiers turn back ambulances and load the bloodied body of at least one man into a military vehicle.

"I can't say if he was dead or wounded, but he was not moving anymore," she says.

"I don't know how many bodies they took, all I can say is that I saw this one."

One week on from that dreadful night, Clara says she feels "traumatised".

The protesters had hopes of a "better Nigeria".

"For once we put everything aside and came with one voice to fight against police brutality," she says.

"It's sad that we had a protest to ask to live and they still came to kill us."

https://news.yahoo.com/came-kill-survivor-recalls-nigeria-022933869.html

savages    :straightoutta:     fuckdsystem     abolishgovt
Back to top Go down

Statists came to kill: survivor recalls Nigeria protest shooting

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: Via AnCaps: Law & Enforced Unnatural Order-