AnCaps
ANARCHO-CAPITALISTS
Bitch-Slapping Statists For Fun & Profit Based On The Non-Aggression Principle

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

‘Mrs. America’ Proves Lana Del Ray Is Right About Feminism’s Devaluation Of Femininity

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

‘Mrs. America’ Proves Lana Del Ray Is Right About Feminism’s Devaluation Of Femininity Vide
PostSubject: ‘Mrs. America’ Proves Lana Del Ray Is Right About Feminism’s Devaluation Of Femininity   ‘Mrs. America’ Proves Lana Del Ray Is Right About Feminism’s Devaluation Of Femininity Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2020 6:57 am

'We have to make space in our culture for their voices, and I see Lana Del Rey's frustration as similar to Phyllis Schlafly's.'

‘Mrs. America’ Proves Lana Del Ray Is Right About Feminism’s Devaluation Of Femininity Shutterstock_205475815

Inez Feltscher-Stepman responds to questions from Culture Editor Emily Jashinsky about Lana Del Ray’s “profound” but controversial critique of contemporary feminism, posted to Instagram on Thursday. Feltscher-Stepman connected Del Ray’s argument to the depiction of Phyllis Schlafly in “Mrs. America” and the feminist movement’s broader devaluation of traditionally feminine qualities. 
“Now that Doja Cat, Ariana, Camila, Cardi B, Kehlani and Nicki Minaj and Beyoncé have had number ones with songs about being sexy, wearing no clothes, f-cking, cheating, etc. — can I please go back to singing about being embodied, feeling beautiful by being in love even if the relationship is not perfect, or dancing for money — or whatever I want — without being crucified or saying that I’m glamorizing abuse??????” Del Ray wrote. 
“I’m fed up with female writers and alt singers saying that I glamorize abuse when in reality I’m just a glamorous person singing about the realities of what we are all now seeing are very prevalent emotionally abusive relationships all over the world,” the singer added. 
“Let this be clear, I’m not not a feminist  — but there has to be kind of a place in feminism for women who look and act like me  — the kind of woman who says no but men hear yes — the kind of women who are slated mercilessly for being their authentic, delicate, selves,” Del Ray continued. “The kind of women who get their own stories and voices taken away from them by stronger women or by men who hate women.”

More:  https://www.iwf.org/2020/05/22/mrs-america-proves-lana-del-ray-is-right-about-feminisms-devaluation-of-femininity/
Back to top Go down

‘Mrs. America’ Proves Lana Del Ray Is Right About Feminism’s Devaluation Of Femininity

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: More Via AnCaps: Culture, Art & Media-