AnCaps
ANARCHO-CAPITALISTS
Bitch-Slapping Statists For Fun & Profit Based On The Non-Aggression Principle

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Biden Calls on Sanders to Show Accountability for ‘Outrageous’ Online Threats by Followers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

Biden Calls on Sanders to Show Accountability for ‘Outrageous’ Online Threats by Followers Vide
PostSubject: Biden Calls on Sanders to Show Accountability for ‘Outrageous’ Online Threats by Followers   Biden Calls on Sanders to Show Accountability for ‘Outrageous’ Online Threats by Followers Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2020 2:09 am

Joe Biden sharply criticized Bernie Sanders as early voting began before next Saturday’s Nevada Democratic caucuses.

Biden Calls on Sanders to Show Accountability for ‘Outrageous’ Online Threats by Followers Merlin_168975525_0f94dd15-3a76-4325-934e-14dce6c18d9d-articleLarge

LAS VEGAS — Former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. took aim at Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont on Saturday, calling on him to condemn the “vicious, malicious, misogynistic” rhetoric of some Sanders supporters and to do more to stamp it out.
The remarks came at a key time for both campaigns, as Mr. Biden tries to regain his footing after weak showings in the Iowa caucuses and New Hampshire primary — in which Mr. Sanders surged toward the front of the Democratic pack — and a week before next Saturday’s Nevada caucuses.
The zeal of Mr. Sanders’s online base has been both a source of strength and perpetual aggravation for his campaign, which has delicately balanced condemning bullying without diluting the force of his most fervent followers.
Mr. Biden’s comments on Saturday specifically seized on attacks that Sanders supporters had made against officials at the powerful Culinary Workers Union, Local 226, after that union had criticized Mr. Sanders’s health care plan.

“If any of my supporters did that, I’d disown them,” Mr. Biden said as part of an interview with “Meet the Press,” which will air Sunday on NBC. “To say ‘I disassociate’ is one thing. Find out who the hell they are, if any of them work for me. Fire them. Find out. See what’s going on.”
Asked about Mr. Biden’s comments, a spokesman for Mr. Sanders, Mike Casca, said that Mr. Sanders “continues to be unequivocal on the issue,” pointing to remarks the senator had made earlier in the week. “Anybody making personal attacks against anybody else in my name is not part of our movement,” Mr. Sanders had said. “And I’m not so sure, to be honest with you, that they are necessarily part of our movement. You understand, you know, the nature of the internet.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/15/us/politics/democrats-nevada-caucus.html

degenerates
Back to top Go down

Biden Calls on Sanders to Show Accountability for ‘Outrageous’ Online Threats by Followers

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps On Realpolitik, Statism & Bureaucracy-