HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

YaY! Two former NYC cops sentenced to life for mob hits

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

YaY! Two former NYC cops sentenced to life for mob hits Vide
PostSubject: YaY! Two former NYC cops sentenced to life for mob hits   YaY! Two former NYC cops sentenced to life for mob hits Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 6:02 pm

Two former New York police detectives convicted of moonlighting as contract killers in eight mob hits were sentenced Friday to life in prison after telling a judge they were innocent.

"I was a hard-working cop," Louis Eppolito told US District Judge Jack Weinstein in federal court in Brooklyn.

"I never hurt anybody. I never kidnapped anybody. ... I never did any of this."

Eppolito was sentenced to life in prison for his conspiracy conviction plus 100 years for various other offences including money laundering, and fined $US4.7 million ($7.38 million).

Stephen Caracappa received a life term plus 80 years, and a $US4.2 million ($6.6 million) fine.

Eppolito, 61, and Caracappa, 67, had worked as partners on the police force and logged a combined 44 years on the job.

They were found guilty of secretly being on the payroll of Luchese underboss Anthony "Gaspipe" Casso starting in the 1980s.

Prosecutors said the pair used their police credentials to make traffic stops that ended with the driver killed.

They also said the officers kidnapped a man suspected in an attempted mob hit against Casso and turned him over to a mobster responsible for 36 slayings.

The former detectives also were accused of providing bad information that led to the mistaken-identity murder of an innocent man killed as his mother washed the dishes following a Christmas Day family dinner.

Eppolito and Caracappa were arrested during a 2005 drug sting in Las Vegas, where they had retired.

LNK
Back to top Go down

YaY! Two former NYC cops sentenced to life for mob hits

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Non-Miscellaneous :: Celebrate Evildoers' Inadvertent Contributions to AnCaps' Values!-