HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Paul Krugman: Always Wrong, Never in Doubt

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

Paul Krugman: Always Wrong, Never in Doubt Vide
PostSubject: Paul Krugman: Always Wrong, Never in Doubt   Paul Krugman: Always Wrong, Never in Doubt Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2019 3:27 pm

He’s a stopped clock who has yet to be right about Trump.

Paul Krugman: Always Wrong, Never in Doubt RTR31M2E

This Thursday, Federal Reserve chairman Jerome Powell told the House Budget Committee that there was “no reason to think, that I can see, that the probability of a downturn is at all elevated.” Not every economic indicator is perfect, but wages are rising (especially on the lower end), unemployment is still at historic lows, and markets are booming.

You might remember that only a couple of months ago, there was a torrent of stories cautioning us about the imminent downturn. Some of the scary coverage, as Robert Shiller warned, consisted of “self-fulfilling prophecies.” Some seemed almost giddy about the political prospects of a downturn. Others just said what they felt. “I feel like the bottom has to fall out at some point,” Bill Maher explained at the time. “And by the way, I’m hoping for it because I think one way you get rid of Trump is to crash the economy. So please, bring on the recession.”

One of the nation’s leading doomsayers has been the New York Times’ perpetually mistaken Paul Krugman, who warned shortly after the 2016 election that Trump’s victory would trigger a global recession “with no end in sight.” We could file that under “post-election hysteria,” but as late as April of this year he was still telling crowds that the bond-market signals predicted “a pretty good chance of a recession sometime in the next year or so.” And he has kept this going all year:

February 11: Paul Krugman expects a global recession this year, warns “we don’t have an effective response.”

August 1: “Why Was Trumponomics a Flop?”

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/11/paul-krugman-always-wrong-never-in-doubt/?fbclid=IwAR3Sfv8EPiJHviSrILUraQDWbJnaXXIrSayqhvVaB-LWMpic3FCx5m1xrLc
Back to top Go down

Paul Krugman: Always Wrong, Never in Doubt

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Non-Miscellaneous :: According To AnCaps, The Idiot Of The Week Award Nominees Are...-