View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

Compromise to Stop Caging People for a Plant Vide
PostSubject: Compromise to Stop Caging People for a Plant   Compromise to Stop Caging People for a Plant Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2019 10:26 pm

Okay, for the sake of this discussion let’s get a few things on the table. I am unabashedly a libertarian. The Cannabis Regulation Act also known as Senate Bill 577 is not how I would personally choose to write the law, but we haven’t elected any Libertarians to office in New Mexico to enact such legislation…yet. If I were elected the Libertarian governor of New Mexico, the bill that I would request from the legislature and would sign as governor would be one line – that the use of cannabis by adults over the age of 21 in New Mexico is legal – that’s it. That’s all it would say because I believe that the free market is capable of regulating the industry and I have faith in adults to make the right decisions for their own lives. (As your Libertarian governor I would also exercise the power of the governor to immediately pardon and release all of those that are serving sentences for marijuana convictions).
That said, I believe SB 577 represents a compromise that achieves the four most important goals for legalizing the adult use of cannabis in New Mexico. Those goals are:

1. Stop putting people in cages for executing their Liberty to choose to consume a plant.
  2. Protect the ability of those that need cannabis as medication to obtain that medication.
  3. Avoid establishing another government derived monopoly such as we’ve seen with liquor licensing.
  4. Eliminate the criminal control of a black-market system.

Compromise to Stop Caging People for a Plant Cannabisplant_1024

http://www.nmpolitico.com/compromise-to-stop-caging-people-for-a-plant/
Back to top Go down

Compromise to Stop Caging People for a Plant

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: Via AnCaps: Law & Enforced Unnatural Order-