HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Something Wicked This Way Comes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

Something Wicked This Way Comes Vide
PostSubject: Something Wicked This Way Comes   Something Wicked This Way Comes Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2019 4:41 pm

For a couple of years now, the economic narrative has shown a comparatively strong US against weakness in Europe and some of Asia (NOT China). The US, we are told, will stay on top. I agree with that, as far as it goes... but I’m not convinced the “top” will be so great.

Something Wicked This Way Comes Image_1_20190111_TFTF

Americans like to think we are insulated from the world. We have big oceans on either side of us. Geopolitically, they serve as buffers. But economically they connect us to other important markets that are critical to many US businesses. Problems in those markets are ultimately problems for the US, too.

Last week I gave you my Year of Living Dangerously 2019 US forecast, but I didn’t discuss important events overseas. Summarizing last week quickly, I think the base case is that the United States economy slows down but avoids recession in 2019. That said, there are significant risks to that forecast, mostly to the downside.

Today we’ll make another literary metaphor to frame our discussion. “Something Wicked This Way Comes” is a 1962 Ray Bradbury novel about two boys and their horrifying encounter with a travelling circus. Later it was a movie.

In our case, something wicked most certainly is coming this way. Several somethings, in fact, approaching from all directions. The real question is how much damage this circus will do before it leaves town.

https://www.mauldineconomics.com/frontlinethoughts/something-wicked-this-way-comes?fbclid=IwAR2BqlzG-wBJgBK9Zk3ZZGcBFpd3qPy6meuKshUDLR7xUSjEoVssFGKFMCA
Back to top Go down

Something Wicked This Way Comes

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Non-Miscellaneous :: AnCaps With FreeStyle Miscellaneous-