HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Choke on it! A Kennedy becomes ill at inauguration luncheon

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

Choke on it! A Kennedy becomes ill at inauguration luncheon Vide
PostSubject: Choke on it! A Kennedy becomes ill at inauguration luncheon   Choke on it! A Kennedy becomes ill at inauguration luncheon Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 3:51 pm

WASHINGTON -Sen. Edward M. Kennedy, D-Mass., battling a brain tumor, became ill at a post-inauguration luncheon for President Barack Obama on Tuesday and was taken by ambulance to a hospital. There was no immediate word from medical personnel on his condition. "It looked like a seizure," said Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, who said he was with Kennedy until they reached the ambulance.

Sen. Chris Dodd, D-Conn., said Kennedy said, "I'll be ok, I'll see you later" as he was put into the ambulance.
"The good news is he's gonna be fine," Dodd added.

Kennedy, 76, had appeared in good health and spirits hours earlier when he stepped out of the Capitol and onto the inauguration platform where Obama took the oath of office.

Sen. Robert C. Byrd, 91, also left the luncheon early, but his office and others said his health was not the reason.

Byrd "is currently in his own office...and is doing fine, though he remains very concerned about his close friend, Ted Kennedy," said Mark Ferrell, a spokesman for the West Virginia Democrat.

Kennedy has suffered seizures since he was stricken and had surgery for his tumor last year, but it was not known what caused him to fall ill at the early afternoon lunch.

Former Vice President Walter F. Mondale said Kennedy was swapping stories with others at their table when "something happened. I don't know what it was, he just stopped."
"It was really kind of a shock to us all," he added.

Sen. Jay Rockefeller, D-W., Va., told reporters the president rushed over to Kennedy's side.

"There was a call for silence throughout the room," he said. "The president went over immediately. The lights went down, just to reduce the heat, I think."

In his remarks, Obama said his prayers were with the stricken senator, his family and wife, Vicki.

"He was there when the Voting Rights Act passed, along with John Lewis who was a warrior for justice.

"And so I would be lying to you if I did not say that right now a part of me is with him. And I think that's true for all of us," Obama said.

LNK

Let's drink to that!!! :Cheers:
Back to top Go down
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

Choke on it! A Kennedy becomes ill at inauguration luncheon Vide
PostSubject: Re: Choke on it! A Kennedy becomes ill at inauguration luncheon   Choke on it! A Kennedy becomes ill at inauguration luncheon Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 4:25 pm

His collapse was the best thing in the whole inauguration...

Too bad he didn't die though...

Oh well, it's still something we'll look forward to, as it's bound to happen sooner or later... they can't legislate death out of existence...

Thank god...
Back to top Go down

Choke on it! A Kennedy becomes ill at inauguration luncheon

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Non-Miscellaneous :: Celebrate Evildoers' Inadvertent Contributions to AnCaps' Values!-