View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

Facing your fears can be the most exciting thing that you do  Vide
PostSubject: Facing your fears can be the most exciting thing that you do    Facing your fears can be the most exciting thing that you do  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2018 8:37 pm

Think of the thing that scares you most in life. Now, go and do it. It will be the best thing you ever do.
Challenging yourself; doing the difficult, uncomfortable, terrifying thing, is a powerful, positive, transformative force in life.

Facing your fears can be the most exciting thing that you do  1528123520986

Think of it like exercise.

You need to be "fit" in every element of life to cope and that requires training – effort, dedication and pushing against resistance.

Flexing your fear

By facing our fears and doing the difficult every day, we can see the cumulative value of our work. Each little step makes us stronger and moves us forward. It gets just a little easier every time.
It can be anything, like reaching out to a mate for help, public speaking, volunteering, asking for a raise, talking to that individual you like while worrying about rejection.
(Obviously this does not include things that will actually put your in real danger like jumping off a cliff without a bungee or playing with deadly animals - these aren't personal challenges, they're just stupid).

Walking the talk    

One of my own challenges lately has been busking. I have been teaching myself guitar for a couple of years and don't mind a bit of a sing.
So, one evening I drove to the walkway under Stanmore station in Sydney, and had a crack.
In the car on the way, I almost threw up. I stopped and pulled over. I went to the pub and had one lonely beer first. "What on earth are you doing?" I asked myself. "You're going to get laughed at, told to piss off. Who do you think you are, just going and singing at people?"

The real world effect

Now, it must be noted that I play guitar, as one real guitarist friend put it, "like you're trying to kill it." I sing like Eddie Vedder's unfortunate cousin doing an Eddie impression. So I wasn't going to win adoring crowds with my musical genius.
Here's a tip. There's a place where people are beautiful and warm and open and positive. It's called "real life". If I posted a video of myself playing and singing online, a thousand anonymous trolls would pile on and tell me how much I sucked.

More:  http://www.executivestyle.com.au/facing-your-fears-can-be-the-most-exciting-thing-that-you-do-h10w0i
Back to top Go down

Facing your fears can be the most exciting thing that you do

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps & Psychology, Edumbcation, Even IndoctriNation-