AnCaps
ANARCHO-CAPITALISTS
Bitch-Slapping Statists For Fun & Profit Based On The Non-Aggression Principle

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Should Schools Ban Kids From Having Best Friends?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

Should Schools Ban Kids From Having Best Friends? Vide
PostSubject: Should Schools Ban Kids From Having Best Friends?   Should Schools Ban Kids From Having Best Friends? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 5:42 pm

There's a case to be made for having a small group of close friends instead.

I am always fascinated by trends. And I am especially intrigued by the emerging trend among European schools, and now some American schools as well, to ban best friends.

Should Schools Ban Kids From Having Best Friends? ?url=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.beam.usnews.com%2F8e%2F00%2Ffafcc4fd4e3390912452fad58955%2Fresizes%2F1500%2Fblowingbubbles

That's right. Some schools are attempting to ban the entire concept of children having best friends.

This, to me, seems like a Herculean task. The notion of choosing best friends is deeply embedded in our culture. Nonetheless, there is, in my opinion, merit to the movement to ban having best friends.

Certainly in life we all benefit from having close friends and confidantes – those who really get us. On the other hand, there is something dreadfully exclusionary occurring when a middle schooler tells the girl sitting next to her that she is best friends with the girl sitting in front of them. Of course, this scenario plays out in a variety of ways, but child after child comes to my therapy office distressed when their best friend has now given someone else this coveted title.

https://health.usnews.com/wellness/for-parents/articles/2018-01-05/should-schools-ban-kids-from-having-best-friends
Back to top Go down

Should Schools Ban Kids From Having Best Friends?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps & Psychology, Edumbcation, Even IndoctriNation-