HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

IndoctriNation: 12 Feminist Kids’ Books for Dismantling the Patriarchy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

IndoctriNation: 12 Feminist Kids’ Books for Dismantling the Patriarchy Vide
PostSubject: IndoctriNation: 12 Feminist Kids’ Books for Dismantling the Patriarchy   IndoctriNation: 12 Feminist Kids’ Books for Dismantling the Patriarchy Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2016 11:03 pm

My niece is 14 weeks old. She can’t walk or talk, and who knows what’s going on in her speedily developing brain (quite a lot of things, I think!) but like a lot of aunts, I am confident that she is going to be pretty much a genius. She’s already grasping for things! And what does any budding genius child need this holiday? Books. Particularly, books that can help pave their way into a strong, courageous, patriarchy-defeating, feminist adulthood. Books the adults in their lives can read to them, and maybe even learn from themselves. Here are a few of my favorites for her growing collection, and maybe yours. (Share widely for a better future.)

IndoctriNation: 12 Feminist Kids’ Books for Dismantling the Patriarchy 19-feminist-books-lede.w710.h473

Shy Rosie loves to invent things, but hides her daring creations away — until her Great Great Aunt Rose (you may know her as “the Riveter”) comes to visit and teaches her that the only way you can really fail is if you quit. (Also check out Beaty’s Ada Twist, Scientist.)

http://nymag.com/strategist/2016/12/best-childrens-books-teach-kids-about-feminism.html
Back to top Go down

IndoctriNation: 12 Feminist Kids’ Books for Dismantling the Patriarchy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps & Psychology, Edumbcation, Even IndoctriNation-