AnCaps
ANARCHO-CAPITALISTS
Bitch-Slapping Statists For Fun & Profit Based On The Non-Aggression Principle

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Via Anarcho-Capitalists' Forum: Personal Independence Day - Two Year Anniversary

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

Via Anarcho-Capitalists' Forum: Personal Independence Day - Two Year Anniversary Vide
PostSubject: Via Anarcho-Capitalists' Forum: Personal Independence Day - Two Year Anniversary   Via Anarcho-Capitalists' Forum: Personal Independence Day - Two Year Anniversary Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 8:19 pm

Two years ago today, it was a Friday and I woke up early to get ready for an important meeting. It was a nice day, a bit cool, but sunny. In many ways it was like every June 21st, the first day of winter, but for me it would be a special day. My meeting was to be with an officer of the United States.

Via Anarcho-Capitalists' Forum: Personal Independence Day - Two Year Anniversary E02d

I had been told the meeting would be quick, all the papers would be prepared and I'd just need to sign them. It ended up taking most of the morning, the meeting was quick, but there was a lot of waiting. I even had to sit through an emergency system test. An evacuation test and a duck and cover; listening to the siren and very loud announcements.
The meeting wasn't just a meeting, it was a ceremony. It was a citizenship ceremony. Standing, raising my right hand, and taking an Oath. But in this case it wasn't a ceremony leading to a new citizenship. It was a renunciation ceremony, I was officially divorcing the United States of America. I was taking an official anti-pledge of allegiance Oath. The vice-counsel of the US Embassy in Asunción presided over the ceremony with the sovereign power of the United States.
That long, cold morning in the Embassy was one of the most profound moments of my life. I entered the Embassy as an American Citizen, burdened by all the torment which that country imposes on US citizens and others around the world. The insanity of the politics, spying, military actions, taxes, corruption, abuses, and all that goes with it.
I realize that some of those "torments" may be personal, while others are global in nature. As well some may be real while others are simply imagined. Yet, whatever their form, they are a burden. Not only an assault on human liberty, but also a counterproductive use of mental and emotional energy.
The essential element of that citizenship renunciation ceremony was to take an Oath:
Quote :
"I hereby absolutely and entirely renounce my United States nationality together with all rights and privileges and all duties and allegiance and fidelity thereunto pertaining. I make this renunciation intentionally, voluntarily, and of my own free will, free of any duress or undue influence."
As I finished that Oath and signed the form, the tethers were cut! I left the Embassy and walked home as if a great weight had been lifted from my shoulders. The actual ceremony that lasted less than a couple of minutes was profound in two completely different ways: 1) becoming NOT American, and 2) becoming Stateless.

Not American

With that simple but profound Oath, I simply stepped outside all the politics and drama associated with the United States. I had pretty much gotta to that point already, by living outside the US for over a decade. Yet, I was still bound to it, still attached, still responsible (financially and spiritually). I was still an eagle chained to a flag pole. I didn't want to be any part of that "club" which tortures people in the name of "freedom".

For the most part I am no longer emotionally charged by news that comes my way about the happenings in and by the "evil empire". Though I don't wish unwell upon anyone, I am not a part of that anymore and need not fret over such things. For me it is counter productive in every aspect of that phrase.
I do get a bit distressed though, when friends and others bring such news to my attention with good intentions, but the apparent desire to bring me back into the emotional quagmire of the United States. I spent my entire adult life in the US buried deep in that emotional quagmire and doing all the right things to bring about positive change. Yet, I was just a cog in the machine, tormented by the wrongs of government and by being part of a system that only offered a false illusion of liberty.

Stateless

The other aspect of becoming NOT American is that I didn't hold any other nationality at the time I renounced, so I became Stateless (without any nationality or citizenship). That is, I have no allegiance to any political powers of the world. Though some use the phrase "citizen of the world" to describe me. It is a label I dislike. I think claiming to be a "citizen", means you are claiming that someone else is your leader. An voluntary abdication of free will and liberty.
I prefer the term "Earthling" for those who need a label for me. I am simply a co-inhabitant of the Earth. I would prefer to look toward living in co-respect of all other creatures of the Earth, than to seek an allegiance, an Oath to some political leaders above all else.

Just say no

The image here in part shows a promotion I made for my book. I am in front of the U.S. Capitol Building and a red "no" symbol covers the build. A friend (not an American) who saw that on Facebook thought it presented a threatening, terroristic upon the United States. I guess that shows how strong and monolithic the images are, that have been imprinted in the minds of people around the world by the bully.
Of course, the promotional image I created is just the opposite. It is a peaceful expression of the rights American's have to "say no" to their government. Americans are empowered with the right to "say no". Read that Oath above again. The power is immense. It may be the only instance in which an American has any say in how they are treated by their own government. In an instant that government is no longer theirs! The chain is cut and the eagle is free!

http://glr.com/44587/Personal_Independence_Day_Two_Year_Anniversary#

Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down

Via Anarcho-Capitalists' Forum: Personal Independence Day - Two Year Anniversary

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps On Rights, Individualism & Lifestyles-