View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

Survivalist’s doomsday store prepares shoppers for end Vide
PostSubject: Survivalist’s doomsday store prepares shoppers for end   Survivalist’s doomsday store prepares shoppers for end Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 3:15 am

KALKASKA, Mich. (AP) - This wasn’t his idea. It was God’s.

Survivalist’s doomsday store prepares shoppers for end 51680285f023f5066d0f6a706700edee_c0-90-2400-1488_s561x327

Long ago, David Rosenberg said God told him the end of the world is near, and he’d better start preparing for it. So he studied how to survive in the wilderness, buried a bunch of food in the yard and waited for the apocalypse.

He’s still waiting. But the end is going to come, Rosenberg insists. And he said his mission is to help as many people as possible survive the collapse of civilization.

“I think there’s going to be pandemonium, of course,” the 76-year-old told the Detroit Free Press (http://on.freep.com/1EYtzYR ). “People are going to panic, people that aren’t ready. It’s going to be tragic because you won’t be able to go to the store to buy food.”

Rosenberg is the owner of Northern Michigan Homestead Survival Products, in a small building off two-lane M-72 just on the outskirts of Kalkaska.

“Are You Ready For Whatever?” a sign near the road inquires.

He opened the store a few years ago, where he offers free survival classes and hands out free food packages to visitors. He claims he has never made money from the business. “Just enough to pay for the heat,” he said.

Rosenberg said he believes the end is coming because America has lost its way, religiously speaking, and God’s not happy.

“Some people disagree with that,” he said. “I’ve caught some flak. That’s OK. I wouldn’t argue with them about it. But that’s what I believe.”

He doesn’t seek followers, shakes his head at the term “Christian survivalist” even though he shares much of that ideology, and though he has been the pastor of a church for years, doesn’t even like being called that. “I don’t call myself pastor. I’m just David Rosenberg.”

Mostly, he’s just a rural guy who’s part of a subset of Americans convinced that the end is near for one reason or another, and though he could have become a hermit living with his stockpile, he felt an urge to help everyone else get ready, too.

“I think America’s going to collapse is what I think,” he said. “I don’t know when, but I absolutely believe it’s going to happen.”

Doomsday fears are nothing new. The belief in an eventual, catastrophic end to the world is embedded in many religious traditions, and smaller, often fringier movements predicting the world’s impending demise have appeared over the years.

The topic still resonates - there’s a show on the National Geographic channel, “Doomsday Preppers,” that features a rotating cast of survivalists with varying wild beliefs about doomsday. It’s become one of the network’s highest-rated programs.

“I hate that show,” Rosenberg said. For one thing, he thinks the survivalists are dumb. “They’re on TV . I’m sure everybody knows who they are and where they’re at, and when things go down, that’s where everybody’s going to go.”

More:  http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/feb/15/survivalists-doomsday-store-prepares-shoppers-for-/?utm_source=RSS_Feed&utm_medium=RSS
Back to top Go down
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

PostSubject: Re: Survivalist’s doomsday store prepares shoppers for end   Survivalist’s doomsday store prepares shoppers for end Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 3:27 am

Survivalist’s doomsday store prepares shoppers for end Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDbUjGFaiq0a_K-ylPc11eCU2TfntbUpIUvcV7_0rLBx5kw1bi
Back to top Go down
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

PostSubject: Re: Survivalist’s doomsday store prepares shoppers for end   Survivalist’s doomsday store prepares shoppers for end Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 4:02 am

LOL, u 'ave a gif 4 daT!

:Surveillance:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Survivalist’s doomsday store prepares shoppers for end   Survivalist’s doomsday store prepares shoppers for end Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Survivalist’s doomsday store prepares shoppers for end

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps On Rights, Individualism & Lifestyles-