AnCaps
ANARCHO-CAPITALISTS
Bitch-Slapping Statists For Fun & Profit Based On The Non-Aggression Principle

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Disgusting Rights Violation: This 88-year-old doctor treats the poor out of his Toyota Camry. Mississippi wants to punish him for it.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

Disgusting Rights Violation: This 88-year-old doctor treats the poor out of his Toyota Camry. Mississippi wants to punish him for it. Vide
PostSubject: Disgusting Rights Violation: This 88-year-old doctor treats the poor out of his Toyota Camry. Mississippi wants to punish him for it.   Disgusting Rights Violation: This 88-year-old doctor treats the poor out of his Toyota Camry. Mississippi wants to punish him for it. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 2:39 am

They arrest people for feeding homeless people in some cities. And God forbid you are a doctor in Mississippi with an excellent reputation who wants to treat people for free. Can’t have that.

Many of Dr. Landrum’s patients can’t afford to drive to a doctor’s office. So he comes and sees them. I thought that was called a “house call.”

Why do the busybodies have to regulate EVERYTHING?

(From The Washington Post)

For the last two years, Landrum has been working without an office, but he’s happy to meet his patients wherever they are. Sometimes, the meetings occur in a home; sometimes they take place in a parking lot. Other patients meet the doctor on the side of a quiet country road — or inside his 2007 Toyota Camry.

The location doesn’t matter because Landrum, a World War II veteran who has been in private practice for more than 55 years, believes it’s his duty to help anyone who calls on him.

“I’ve always had a heart for the poor,” Landrum told The Washington Post this week, struggling to hold back tears. “I grew up poor, and when the doctor would come to us, and he was happy to see us, I pictured myself doing that some day. I try not to ever turn people away — money or no money – because that’s where the need is.”

But his work may soon come to an end.

Landrum said he’s being asked by the Mississippi State Board of Medical Licensure to surrender his medical license, which he’s carried in his pocket with pride since Dwight D. Eisenhower was president. The reason for the request, according to Landrum, is that the board balked several months ago upon learning that he was operating his practice out of a car.

http://www.againstcronycapitalism.org/2015/01/this-88-year-old-doctor-treats-the-poor-out-of-his-toyota-camry-mississippi-wants-to-punish-him-for-it/
Back to top Go down

Disgusting Rights Violation: This 88-year-old doctor treats the poor out of his Toyota Camry. Mississippi wants to punish him for it.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps On Rights, Individualism & Lifestyles-