AnCaps
ANARCHO-CAPITALISTS
Bitch-Slapping Statists For Fun & Profit Based On The Non-Aggression Principle

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

"I'm not going to be a paying victim, full stop": NZ horse and cart owner Lewis Stanton

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

"I'm not going to be a paying victim, full stop":  NZ horse and cart owner Lewis Stanton Vide
PostSubject: "I'm not going to be a paying victim, full stop": NZ horse and cart owner Lewis Stanton   "I'm not going to be a paying victim, full stop":  NZ horse and cart owner Lewis Stanton Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 12:26 am

Hone Ma Heke's refusal to report for community work could land him in prison, but a judge says locking him up should be a last resort.
In Nelson District Court yesterday vagrant Lewis Stanton, also known as Hone Ma Heke, was found guilty of breaching community work.
He had pleaded not guilty.

"I'm not going to be a paying victim, full stop":  NZ horse and cart owner Lewis Stanton 10629692

Stanton was previously sentenced to 400 hours of community work in March for failing to pay more than $50,500 in fines, mostly traffic infringements issued by Nelson City Council.
Stanton has refused to engage in community work and failed to report to the probation office eight times between March 20 and May 8.
He understood his obligations, but in the comments section of his signed community work induction form he wrote: "Solve the problem and you solve the problem, but not solve the problem and the problem will always be there."
Stanton gave evidence in court yesterday. When asked by Crown lawyer April Mills if he had reported for community work, he said: "No, I did not and I have absolutely no intention of doing so because I'm not going to be a paying victim, full stop."
And on March 21, Stanton left a voice message with his probation officer, who had called to tell him he had failed to report for community work. It said: "Kia ora, Hone here. Yes, correct, I'm not turning up today or any other day. Please start proceedings."
Stanton claimed that the council has violated his human rights by enforcing restrictions on his alternative lifestyle.
He has been involved in ongoing disputes with the council regarding the use of his horse and cart in public places and has more than $145,000 worth of fines in total.
"It will be a very dark day for democracy in New Zealand the day that the council has the power to be able to stop somebody from having their chosen lifestyle."
Stanton's lawyer Steven Zindel suggested sentences of discharge without conviction, discharge with conviction or three months' imprisonment.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/10629509/Judge-Prison-term-a-last-resort-for-Hone

Victory
Back to top Go down
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

"I'm not going to be a paying victim, full stop":  NZ horse and cart owner Lewis Stanton Vide
PostSubject: Re: "I'm not going to be a paying victim, full stop": NZ horse and cart owner Lewis Stanton   "I'm not going to be a paying victim, full stop":  NZ horse and cart owner Lewis Stanton Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 2:57 am

:Cheers:
Back to top Go down

"I'm not going to be a paying victim, full stop": NZ horse and cart owner Lewis Stanton

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps On Rights, Individualism & Lifestyles-