HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

One woman's quest to die with dignity - and what it means for us all

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

One woman's quest to die with dignity - and what it means for us all Vide
PostSubject: One woman's quest to die with dignity - and what it means for us all   One woman's quest to die with dignity - and what it means for us all Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 4:05 am

A 29-year-old woman has announced that she - not the rare tumour in her brain - is going to end her life on November 1.

One woman's quest to die with dignity - and what it means for us all Brittany_inline_1a3bab1-1a3balr

Her goal is to raise awareness about a growing "dying with dignity" movement that gives terminally ill people the right to choose when they take their final breath.

In an online video campaign with advocacy organisation Compassion & Choices, Brittany Maynard tells her story: Debilitating headaches, which started right after her wedding, eventually led to her being diagnosed with stage IV glioblastoma multiforme, a fast-growing brain cancer that usually kills its victims in a matter of months.

"My glioblastoma is going to kill me, and that's out of my control," she told People Magazine.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/25215838/one-womans-quest-to-die-with-dignity-and-what-it-means-for-us-all/
Back to top Go down

One woman's quest to die with dignity - and what it means for us all

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps On Rights, Individualism & Lifestyles-