AnCaps
ANARCHO-CAPITALISTS
Bitch-Slapping Statists For Fun & Profit Based On The Non-Aggression Principle

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Beirut: Lack of regulations makes life easier, it’s soothing to not worry about the First World regulations

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

Beirut: Lack of regulations makes life easier, it’s soothing to not worry about the First World regulations Vide
PostSubject: Beirut: Lack of regulations makes life easier, it’s soothing to not worry about the First World regulations   Beirut: Lack of regulations makes life easier, it’s soothing to not worry about the First World regulations Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 3:57 am

What do you want people to think of when they think of Beirut?
I can’t change what they think, but I would like them to feel the same things that bound me to this place: a comfort in the chaos, a lack of regulations that somehow makes life easier. As crazy at it sounds, it’s soothing to not worry about the First World regulations. Clubs like ours would be so much more costly in New York, licenses would have been a nightmare, and we wouldn’t have the same amount of impact on people’s lives as we do here.

I know this might sound superficial because I’m talking about nightlife, but our lifestyle is important because it’s giving people an outlet and something to look forward to. The Lebanese work hard, and there was a time when there wasn’t much to work hard for. People used to have to leave the country just to enjoy something lighthearted, and not everyone can travel. We provide that here in Lebanon, and it’s unique to the region in many ways. Offering this kind of livelihood in a more stable country would not be as gratifying.

Beirut: Lack of regulations makes life easier, it’s soothing to not worry about the First World regulations DSC-5774

More:  http://www.vice.com/read/fighting-for-the-right-to-party-in-beirut
Back to top Go down

Beirut: Lack of regulations makes life easier, it’s soothing to not worry about the First World regulations

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps On Rights, Individualism & Lifestyles-