AnCaps
ANARCHO-CAPITALISTS
Bitch-Slapping Statists For Fun & Profit Based On The Non-Aggression Principle

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Unhinged environmentalism and eco-funerals: ‘Training’ mushrooms by feeding them clippings of her own hair, nails and skin

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

Unhinged environmentalism and eco-funerals: ‘Training’ mushrooms by feeding them clippings of her own hair, nails and skin Vide
PostSubject: Unhinged environmentalism and eco-funerals: ‘Training’ mushrooms by feeding them clippings of her own hair, nails and skin   Unhinged environmentalism and eco-funerals: ‘Training’ mushrooms by feeding them clippings of her own hair, nails and skin Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 3:13 am

Environmentally conscious souls are choosing 'greener' ways to farewell their loved ones. From the 'mushroom death suit' to a simple backyard burial, here are some of the weird and wonderful lengths people will go to for an eco-funeral.  

Unhinged environmentalism and eco-funerals: ‘Training’ mushrooms by feeding them clippings of her own hair, nails and skin 1401868904912.jpg-620x349

“I'd love to return as a tree,” says 34-year-old Helen Nickols. “To lie in nature, in a beautiful forest, and not in a cemetery. I'd love to lie in a forest and have kids running around me, not having to step carefully.”

Helen is an advocate for the eco-funeral, a trend that is challenging the way we deal with death.

“I've tried to live lightly on the environment... so I'd want my death to reflect that. I'm a passionate composter, so I'd love to return to the earth with my teabags and banana peel,” she explains.

There are many reasons why the more environmentally conscious among us are opting for a greener funeral. For Helen it is about our “burgeoning world population,” and the fact that we are running out of room for gravestones. But there are other factors to consider.

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/life/going-green-the-rise-of-the-ecofuneral-20140728-zxnqv.html
Back to top Go down

Unhinged environmentalism and eco-funerals: ‘Training’ mushrooms by feeding them clippings of her own hair, nails and skin

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps In Science, Technology & Environment-