AnCaps
ANARCHO-CAPITALISTS
Bitch-Slapping Statists For Fun & Profit Based On The Non-Aggression Principle

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Mini-skirts will protect us all: 15,000 transgender individuals currently on active duty in the U.S. military

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

Mini-skirts will protect us all:  15,000 transgender individuals currently on active duty in the U.S. military Vide
PostSubject: Mini-skirts will protect us all: 15,000 transgender individuals currently on active duty in the U.S. military   Mini-skirts will protect us all:  15,000 transgender individuals currently on active duty in the U.S. military Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 2:46 am

Transgender Veterans Speak Out On Capitol Hill

Mini-skirts will protect us all:  15,000 transgender individuals currently on active duty in the U.S. military Transgender-veteran

At the kick off of Pride Week 2014, transgender vets have a message for the Pentagon: Accept us for who we are

Former U.S. Navy Seal Kristin Beck made an unapologetic statement at the Library of Congress on Monday. “I’m transgender,” she said, “and I’m proud of it.”

Hillary Clinton: Bergdahl’s Release JustifiedHunger Games Salute Becomes a Real Sign of Dissent in ‘Tyrannical’ ThailandBowe Bergdahl: Is The Freed Soldier a Hero or Deserter? NBC NewsMen Charged With Toppling Ancient Rock Formation Avoid Jail Time Huffington PostComet Outlives Predictions Weather.com

Beck, who served 20 years and was deployed 13 times, is also a proud veteran, showcasing her medals—including a Purple Heart and a Bronze star—which were pinned to her burgundy and black dress, right over her heart. But if Beck were currently serving in U.S. military, a little over ayear after she began openly identifying as female, her commanding officers would be well within their rights to discharge her.

“I’m the T,” Beck said during a panel discussion on the experiences of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender equality in the U.S. military. “I’m the left out piece.”

There are an estimated 15,000 transgender individuals currently on active duty in the U.S. military, according to a recent study by the Williams Institute at the University of California at Los Angeles Law School. The same study suggests some 134,000 transgender veterans. And yet, while the military lifted its ban on gay, lesbian, and bisexual servicemen openly serving in the military with the 2010 repeal of Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell, the ban on transgender troops remains.

http://time.com/2818222/transgender-veterans-capitol-hill/
Back to top Go down

Mini-skirts will protect us all: 15,000 transgender individuals currently on active duty in the U.S. military

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: Via AnCaps: Law & Enforced Unnatural Order-