AnCaps
ANARCHO-CAPITALISTS
Bitch-Slapping Statists For Fun & Profit Based On The Non-Aggression Principle

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

The good: Little has changed 1 year after slaying of Costa Rica conservationist Jairo Mora

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

The good: Little has changed 1 year after slaying of Costa Rica conservationist Jairo Mora Vide
PostSubject: The good: Little has changed 1 year after slaying of Costa Rica conservationist Jairo Mora   The good: Little has changed 1 year after slaying of Costa Rica conservationist Jairo Mora Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 1:16 am

For a comprehensive account of Costa Rica conservationist Jairo Mora’s murder, see “Why Jairo died”

The good: Little has changed 1 year after slaying of Costa Rica conservationist Jairo Mora Jairo_Mora_Sandoval_haimeluna_graffiti-1000x705

MOÍN, Limón – It was February, and leatherback sea turtles had just starting arriving to nest on Costa Rica’s Caribbean coast when Marielos Morice and I made our drive down the uneven dirt path along Moín Beach.

When the road turned to sand, Morice looked up and yelled for me to stop.

“This is the place,” she said. “This is where they killed him.”

We stepped out of the car and Morice walked me to the spot where police found the body of 26-year-old sea turtle conservationist Jairo Mora in the early morning of May 31, 2013.

I had expected a memorial or an altar or at least the stencil of Mora’s face that had become ubiquitous graffiti in San José. But nearly a year later, nothing about the patch of beach told the story of Mora’s death or the chain of events that landed seven men on trial for his murder.

The slaying was the culmination of a bitter feud between the beach’s turtle protectors and local egg poachers. It started nine years ago with Morice’s daughter, Vanessa Lizano, when she began leaving her family’s wildlife sanctuary at night to rescue turtle eggs.

http://www.ticotimes.net/2014/05/30/a-beach-unchanged
Back to top Go down

The good: Little has changed 1 year after slaying of Costa Rica conservationist Jairo Mora

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps In Science, Technology & Environment-