AnCaps
ANARCHO-CAPITALISTS
Bitch-Slapping Statists For Fun & Profit Based On The Non-Aggression Principle

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Warren Buffett & Socially responsible investing: I Build Wind Turbines To Lower My Corporate Taxes - LOL

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

Warren Buffett & Socially responsible investing: I Build Wind Turbines To Lower My Corporate Taxes - LOL Vide
PostSubject: Warren Buffett & Socially responsible investing: I Build Wind Turbines To Lower My Corporate Taxes - LOL   Warren Buffett & Socially responsible investing: I Build Wind Turbines To Lower My Corporate Taxes - LOL Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 8:01 am

Billionaire Warren Buffett would do anything to lower the tax rate of his company Berkshire Hathaway, including building unprofitable wind turbines to get federal government tax credits.

Warren Buffett & Socially responsible investing: I Build Wind Turbines To Lower My Corporate Taxes - LOL 2014-02-24T180628Z_1_CBREA1N1EAY00_RTROPTP_4_USA-DETROIT-BUFFETT-e1393872709457

“I will do anything that is basically covered by the law to reduce Berkshire’s tax rate,” Buffett told an audience in Omaha, Nebraska this weekend. “For example, on wind energy, we get a tax credit if we build a lot of wind farms. That’s the only reason to build them. They don’t make sense without the tax credit.”

The Wall Street Journal reported that investors made their way to Omaha to hear Buffett speak on “markets and the world.” Buffett made waves during President Obama’s re-election when the White House adopted the “Buffett Rule” as part of his campaign.

The infamous “Buffett Rule” would have the wealthy should pay a minimum tax of 30 percent. Obama invoked the rule against Republican challenger Mitt Romney repeatedly during the 2012 presidential race.

“So it was fascinating to hear Mr. Buffett explain that his real tax rule is to pay as little as possible, both personally and at the corporate level,” the WSJ notes.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/05/06/warren-buffett-i-build-wind-turbines-to-lower-my-corporate-taxes/

Better than good
Back to top Go down

Warren Buffett & Socially responsible investing: I Build Wind Turbines To Lower My Corporate Taxes - LOL

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps In Science, Technology & Environment-