View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

Brought back from the dead Vide
PostSubject: Brought back from the dead   Brought back from the dead Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 7:25 pm

Bringing the dead back to life has been a dream of humankind since the beginning of time. But could revival ever become reality? Our Cover Story is reported by Tracy Smith:

Brought back from the dead Erasing-death-cover-244Brought back from the dead Cpr-compression-machine-sam-parnia-tracy-smith-620

Joe Tiralosi, of Brooklyn, N.Y., has always been an optimist. He says life is good . . . especially now.

Five years ago, Tiralosi -- then 56 and in good health -- was at work as a driver in New York City one hot August day when he felt sick . . . really sick.

"I just suddenly didn't feel like myself," he recalled. "I didn't know what it was.

"So I called home and I spoke to my wife and I told her, 'I don't feel good. I think I want to just come home.' And that's when she said to me, 'Why don't you just go to the hospital?'"

He walked into New York Presbyterian on his own power -- and promptly dropped dead.

"It was like they shut the lights out and I just collapsed and fell on the floor. My heart stopped, and the nurse was -- I heard screaming. And that was it."

But that wasn't it.

Tiralosi was brought back from the dead. He says it was divine intervention, but it's also a testament to perseverance of his medical team, and the power of some bone-chilling cold.

Consider the scene from the 1997 blockbuster "Titanic": the big ship has gone down, and the icy water has apparently taken its toll on the 1,500 victims.

"Is there anyone alive out there?" yelled an officer of the RMS Carpathia.

As it turns out, there might have been.

"Now, the reality is we know that today if those people had been found, many of them could potentially have been saved," said Dr. Sam Parnia, "because by virtue of dying in ice cold water, their brain and their cells would've been preserved.

"People who had died could've been saved if they had died today, and if -- and I say this with a capital "I" -- if all the right care had been provided them."

More:  http://www.cbsnews.com/news/brought-back-from-the-dead/
Back to top Go down

Brought back from the dead

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps In Science, Technology & Environment-