View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

Pacquiao takes WBO welterweight title from Bradley Vide
PostSubject: Pacquiao takes WBO welterweight title from Bradley   Pacquiao takes WBO welterweight title from Bradley Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 3:59 am

Manny Pacquiao won a unanimous decision in his rematch with Timothy Bradley on Saturday night, avenging his 2012 loss and claiming the World Boxing Organization welterweight title.

Pacquiao takes WBO welterweight title from Bradley 628x471

Pacquiao (56-5-2) pursued and peppered the previously unbeaten Bradley around the MGM Grand Garden ring with an aggressive performance recalling the Pacman in his prime. Bradley fought back with counterpunching and elusiveness, but Pacquiao kept up his attack while Bradley (31-1) struggled down the stretch.

Pacquiao left no doubt about the rematch in the same arena where they met nearly two years ago. Bradley's split-decision victory astonished most ringside observers, who felt Pacquiao had earned a clear decision.

"I knew I had to do more in this fight than I did in the last fight," Pacquiao said.

Judges Craig Metcalfe and Michael Pernick scored the rematch 116-112 for Pacquiao, while Glenn Trowbridge favored the Filipino congressman 118-110.

After the fight, Bradley said he injured his right calf early on. But he also applauded the decision when it was announced, and he congratulated Pacquiao in the ring.

"You won the fight, you deserved the win," Bradley said. "I have no excuses."

Pacquiao landed 35 percent of his 563 punches, while Bradley connected with just 22 percent of his 627. Pacquiao's jab was much more effective, landing 23 percent to Bradley's measly 11 percent, and the Pacman had a slight edge in landing 148 power punches to Bradley's 109.

Pacquiao's performance righted one of the biggest perceived wrongs in recent boxing history. Pacquiao was an eight-division world champion on a 15-fight winning streak when Bradley was awarded a split decision in their last bout.

They exchanged big shots in the opening rounds, but Pacquiao appeared to wear out Bradley with the heavy early pace - and the Pacman never slowed down.

http://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/Pacquiao-takes-WBO-welterweight-title-from-Bradley-5398626.php
Back to top Go down

Pacquiao takes WBO welterweight title from Bradley

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Non-Miscellaneous :: AnCaps With FreeStyle Miscellaneous-