Good stuff: House GOP considers contempt of Congress charge for IRS' Lerner

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

Good stuff: House GOP considers contempt of Congress charge for IRS' Lerner Vide
PostSubject: Good stuff: House GOP considers contempt of Congress charge for IRS' Lerner   Good stuff: House GOP considers contempt of Congress charge for IRS' Lerner Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 10:58 pm

Republicans signaled Wednesday that Lois G. Lerner, the former IRS official at the center at the tea party targeting scandal, will eventually have to testify or be held in contempt of Congress after she once again refused to answer lawmakers’ questions.

Good stuff: House GOP considers contempt of Congress charge for IRS' Lerner Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQKhoc_B-sd8weWEdF8wScZV3-A7vdm4Rv8hoq-HazPL80iIOkgGVbGg_iQRYNAMV5kaCNAKdK5Ug

Called back to testify Wednesday, 10 months after she first appeared before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, Ms. Lerner again repeatedly invoked her Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination, thwarting Republicans’ efforts to get new information.

“My counsel has advised me that I have not waived my constitutional rights under the Fifth Amendment. And on his advice, I will decline to answer any question on the subject matter of this hearing,” she told committee Chairman Darrell E. Issa.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/mar/5/house-gop-considers-contempt-of-congress-charge-fo/
Back to top Go down

Good stuff: House GOP considers contempt of Congress charge for IRS' Lerner

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Non-Miscellaneous :: Celebrate Evildoers' Inadvertent Contributions to AnCaps' Values!-