View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

'12 Years a Slave' wins big at Film Independent Spirit Awards  Vide
PostSubject: '12 Years a Slave' wins big at Film Independent Spirit Awards    '12 Years a Slave' wins big at Film Independent Spirit Awards  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 9:25 pm

he period drama "12 Years A Slave" swept through the Film Independent Spirit Awards on Saturday, taking five prizes, including feature, director, supporting female, screenplay and cinematography. It won in all but two categories in which it was nominated.

'12 Years a Slave' wins big at Film Independent Spirit Awards  12yearscover-web

"I cannot tell you, as much as I thought the memoir and Solomon's words and work was special, I had no concept until I saw the movie for the first time," said the film's screenwriter, John Ridley, accepting the prize in that category as he referred to protagonist Solomon Northup.

The film, which is nominated for nine Oscars including best picture, has had an up-and-down ride through awards season, garnering predictions of best picture certitude as far as back as September and its share of skepticism since. But it was the toast of the tent in Santa Monica where the Spirits, the annual independent-film extravaganza, is held.

More:  http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/moviesnow/la-et-mn-12-years-a-slave-wins-independent-spirit-awards-20140301,0,2995434.story

Sadly, state run slavery is still with us today...
Back to top Go down

'12 Years a Slave' wins big at Film Independent Spirit Awards

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: More Via AnCaps: Culture, Art & Media-