AnCaps
ANARCHO-CAPITALISTS
Bitch-Slapping Statists For Fun & Profit Based On The Non-Aggression Principle

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Corrupt lamestream media: 'I sanctioned payments to officials': Ex-Murdoch editor Rebekah Brooks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

Corrupt lamestream media: 'I sanctioned payments to officials': Ex-Murdoch editor Rebekah Brooks Vide
PostSubject: Corrupt lamestream media: 'I sanctioned payments to officials': Ex-Murdoch editor Rebekah Brooks   Corrupt lamestream media: 'I sanctioned payments to officials': Ex-Murdoch editor Rebekah Brooks Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 2:49 am

Rebekah Brooks, Rupert Murdoch's former British newspaper boss, has told a London court she had sanctioned payments to public officials but denied authorising illegal sums for which she is on triad.

Corrupt lamestream media: 'I sanctioned payments to officials': Ex-Murdoch editor Rebekah Brooks 1393549301064.jpg-620x349

Brooks is accused of authorising almost £40,000 pounds ($74,530) in illegal payments from a reporter on Mr Murdoch's Sun tabloid to a Ministry of Defence official while she was editor of the paper.

She denies the charge, and other offences of conspiracy to hack phones and perverting the course of justice.

Asked by her defence lawyer on Thursday if she had ever sanctioned payments to public officials, something which is illegal, Brooks replied: "Yes, probably since I was deputy editor of the Sun ... a handful of occasions, half a dozen."
Advertisement

Her lawyer Jonathan Laidlaw said he would return to the issue later to give further explanation.

Earlier, Brooks had said her view was that "there had to be an overwhelming public interest to justify payment" and only in "very narrow circumstances".

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/i-sanctioned-payments-to-officials-exmurdoch-editor-rebekah-brooks-20140228-hvfgy.html#ixzz2ubJgj9X6
Back to top Go down

Corrupt lamestream media: 'I sanctioned payments to officials': Ex-Murdoch editor Rebekah Brooks

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: More Via AnCaps: Culture, Art & Media-