AnCaps
ANARCHO-CAPITALISTS
Bitch-Slapping Statists For Fun & Profit Based On The Non-Aggression Principle

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

A trip down statist memory lane: The day entire nationalities were deported to Kazakhstan

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

A trip down statist memory lane: The day entire nationalities were deported to Kazakhstan  Vide
PostSubject: A trip down statist memory lane: The day entire nationalities were deported to Kazakhstan    A trip down statist memory lane: The day entire nationalities were deported to Kazakhstan  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 8:02 pm

Ingush elders recall the horror of deportation

A trip down statist memory lane: The day entire nationalities were deported to Kazakhstan  _73133080_4psA trip down statist memory lane: The day entire nationalities were deported to Kazakhstan  _73134996_8ps

Seventy years ago, in February 1944, nearly half a million Chechen and Ingush people were herded into cattle trucks and forced into exile in remote parts of the Soviet Union. It's estimated that more than a third of them died before they were allowed back 13 years later.

"At dawn, five soldiers entered each house and took all the men away - anyone over the age of 14. I was 10 years old. Then they said they would deport all of us," says Isa Khashiyev.

"We had 10 people in our family - mum and dad, grandmother and seven children. I was the eldest, and my youngest sister was three months old.

"The soldier who was assigned to deport us was very kind. He loaded our truck with five sacks of grain and helped us pack our bedding and other belongings. It was thanks to him that we survived," he says. The truck took them to the nearest railway station in Ingushetia where they were put in a cattle wagon with 10 other families.

More:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-26271733
Back to top Go down

A trip down statist memory lane: The day entire nationalities were deported to Kazakhstan

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: Via AnCaps: Law & Enforced Unnatural Order-