AnCaps
ANARCHO-CAPITALISTS
Bitch-Slapping Statists For Fun & Profit Based On The Non-Aggression Principle

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Gender reassignment treatment may finally bring calm to a determined youth who has long identified as a male

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

Gender reassignment treatment may finally bring calm to a determined youth who has long identified as a male Vide
PostSubject: Gender reassignment treatment may finally bring calm to a determined youth who has long identified as a male   Gender reassignment treatment may finally bring calm to a determined youth who has long identified as a male Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 6:18 pm

As a toddler, ''Hannah'' showed absolutely no interest in typically girly pursuits.

The child's parents watched in fascination as the little one shunned dolls and dress-ups and instead played happily with large Tonka-style trucks.

Fourteen years later Hannah is now Shane, a 16-year-old who identifies as male and has just been granted permission by the Family Court to undergo stage two gender reassignment treatment that will change his body for ever. ''As far back as I can recall, [Shane] was not a typical girl,'' his mother told the Family Court during a hearing on the matter last month.

''His behaviour was more than just being a tom-boy.''
Advertisement

The court heard that, as Shane grew older, the increasingly rigid gender roles of primary and high school took their toll, transforming him from a carefree child to a troubled adolescent.

''[The other kids] hated me because I was different and didn't want to fit in,'' Shane told the court.

His peers reportedly hunted him in packs, subjecting him to bullying and abuse and engaging in near-constant rumour and innuendo about his gender.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/sex-change-hannahs-long-journey-to-shane-approaches-its-everest-20131115-2xm1i.html#ixzz2kl8MbfWt
Back to top Go down

Gender reassignment treatment may finally bring calm to a determined youth who has long identified as a male

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps On Rights, Individualism & Lifestyles-