HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

'I'm a transgender dad who breastfeeds'

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

'I'm a transgender dad who breastfeeds' Vide
PostSubject: 'I'm a transgender dad who breastfeeds'   'I'm a transgender dad who breastfeeds' Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 3:11 am

Near the end of my pregnancy, I went to my first breastfeeding support meeting, facilitated by La Leche League. I was excited at the opportunity to learn, and terribly nervous in a room full of strangers - I was a guy at a women-only peer-to-peer help group.

'I'm a transgender dad who breastfeeds' Trevormcdonald_353-300x0

When it came to be my turn to speak, I gave my carefully prepared spiel: "My name is Trevor and I am able to be pregnant because I am transgender. This means that I was born female but transitioned to male by taking hormones and having chest surgery. When my partner and I decided to start a family, we got advice from my doctors and I stopped taking my testosterone. My baby is due in April. Because my surgery removed most of my breast tissue, I don't know how much I'll be able to breastfeed, but I really want to try."

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/baby/breastfeeding/im-a-transgender-dad-who-breastfeeds-20131104-2wvca.html#utm_source=FD&utm_medium=lifeandstylepuff&utm_campaign=bfdad
Back to top Go down

'I'm a transgender dad who breastfeeds'

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps On Rights, Individualism & Lifestyles-