AnCaps
ANARCHO-CAPITALISTS
Bitch-Slapping Statists For Fun & Profit Based On The Non-Aggression Principle

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Statist idiot: Former DHS/NSA Official Says You Should Blame Privacy Advocates For The TSA Groping You

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

Statist idiot: Former DHS/NSA Official Says You Should Blame Privacy Advocates For The TSA Groping You Vide
PostSubject: Statist idiot: Former DHS/NSA Official Says You Should Blame Privacy Advocates For The TSA Groping You   Statist idiot: Former DHS/NSA Official Says You Should Blame Privacy Advocates For The TSA Groping You Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 12:17 am

Remember Stewart Baker? He’s the former Homeland Security and NSA officials who recently argued that civil liberties activists were to blame for 9/11. Apparently, that sort of thinking (blame the activists for what it leads the government to do) worked so well the last time, he’s back for more. According to him, all the bullshit you’ve had to go through with the TSA at our airports is because of those darn meddling privacy advocates. Yes, we’ve now learned that the reason a TSA measured the weight of my little friend and his bag of tricks is because privacy advocates just wouldn’t let the TSA do invasive background checks on all of us. The privacy advocating jerks.

The TSA ended up taking more time to inspect everyone, treating all travelers as potential terrorists, and subjecting many to whole-body imaging and enhanced pat-downs. We can’t blame TSA for this wrong turn, though. Privacy lobbies persuaded Congress that TSA couldn’t be trusted with data about the travelers it was screening. With no information about travelers, TSA had no choice but to treat them all alike, sending us down a long blind alley that has inconvenienced billions.

Of course! It isn’t the TSA’s fault the TSA debased me. It’s because privacy advocates (also me) didn’t want the TSA to debase me by massively invading my privacy. It makes perfect sense! Never mind that this is all a theater show ostensibly designed to up the suicide count of Americans worldwide, because they sure aren’t catching anyone important. It’s the privacy people who are to blame. Also, all those women who are sexually assaulted? Pshh, they were dressed to provocatively. Blame the short-skirt makers or whoever.

Then, because apparently Stewart Baker hasn’t been reading the news lately, he testified that instead the government just needs more data on all of us, while driving home the point that the current security screenings are stupid.

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20130912/10011324498/whos-fault-is-it-tsa-saw-you-naked-groped-you-pshh-privacy-advocates-course.shtml
Back to top Go down

Statist idiot: Former DHS/NSA Official Says You Should Blame Privacy Advocates For The TSA Groping You

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Non-Miscellaneous :: According To AnCaps, The Idiot Of The Week Award Nominees Are...-