AnCaps
ANARCHO-CAPITALISTS
Bitch-Slapping Statists For Fun & Profit Based On The Non-Aggression Principle

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

OZschwitz: Degenerate Federal opposition leader Brendan Nelson Arguing For Greater Compulsion Re Medicare Levy; Liberal Party My Ass...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

OZschwitz: Degenerate Federal opposition leader Brendan Nelson Arguing For Greater Compulsion Re Medicare Levy; Liberal Party My Ass... Vide
PostSubject: OZschwitz: Degenerate Federal opposition leader Brendan Nelson Arguing For Greater Compulsion Re Medicare Levy; Liberal Party My Ass...   OZschwitz: Degenerate Federal opposition leader Brendan Nelson Arguing For Greater Compulsion Re Medicare Levy; Liberal Party My Ass... Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 8:18 pm

Federal opposition leader Brendan Nelson says the Rudd government's Medicare levy reforms are a cruel "con".

Dr Nelson said the move to double the salary required before a taxpayer without private health insurance pays the levy would only have negative affects.

"There is absolutely no doubt that as a result of this fewer people will take up private health insurance," Dr Nelson told reporters in Sydney today.

"Less money will be coming in through the Medicare levy and we'll have longer waiting lists and even poorer conditions in public hospitals.

"Mr Rudd is quietly trying to deceive the Australian people with the cruelest con we've seen so far."

Dr Nelson said the Howard government had not raised the $50,000 trigger point for the levy since 1997 because it was "working quite well" attracting more people into private health insurance.

Coverage rates had increased from just 30 per cent of Australians to more than 45 per cent, he said.

This would surely decrease if the $50,000 limit was increased to $100,000 in Tuesday's budget, he said, and result in higher premiums for those left in private health schemes.

"The pensioners and battlers of this country, some of whom used to go without food to pay for their private health insurance, are now going to find they have to pay higher premiums," Dr Nelson said.

He also handed reporters a copy of a letter Mr Rudd sent to the Australian Health Insurance Association (AHIA) on November 20 last year, stating the levy would remain.

"Federal Labor will also maintain ... the Medicare levy surcharge," it says.

LNK
Back to top Go down
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

OZschwitz: Degenerate Federal opposition leader Brendan Nelson Arguing For Greater Compulsion Re Medicare Levy; Liberal Party My Ass... Vide
PostSubject: Re: OZschwitz: Degenerate Federal opposition leader Brendan Nelson Arguing For Greater Compulsion Re Medicare Levy; Liberal Party My Ass...   OZschwitz: Degenerate Federal opposition leader Brendan Nelson Arguing For Greater Compulsion Re Medicare Levy; Liberal Party My Ass... Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 8:30 pm

Another disgusting OZschwitz statist maggot!
Back to top Go down

OZschwitz: Degenerate Federal opposition leader Brendan Nelson Arguing For Greater Compulsion Re Medicare Levy; Liberal Party My Ass...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps On Realpolitik, Statism & Bureaucracy-