Bitch-Slapping Statists For Fun & Profit Based On The Non-Aggression Principle

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

OZschwitz: Corrupt National Party MP Kevin Humphries under fire over offices

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

OZschwitz: Corrupt National Party MP Kevin Humphries under fire over offices Vide
PostSubject: OZschwitz: Corrupt National Party MP Kevin Humphries under fire over offices   OZschwitz: Corrupt National Party MP Kevin Humphries under fire over offices Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 8:04 pm

HE had a campaign office in suite three and ran a business out of suite four. Now both these suites, plus suites two, five and six, have become the taxpayer-funded office of National Party MP Kevin Humphries.

His complicated office arrangements at 161 Balo Street, Moree, have sparked calls for Opposition Leader Barry O'Farrell to demand an explanation from the member for Barwon.

Attorney-General John Hatzistergos said: "Mr O'Farrell needs to front the Parliament, explain the actions of his backbencher and give an ironclad guarantee there has been no breach of the disclosure laws. If he fails to do so, we'll refer the matter to the Election Funding Authority to investigate."

Yesterday, Mr Humphries insisted he had secured suite three - an address he used on campaign material in the lead-up to last year's poll - through a "private arrangement".

It wasn't a campaign office, he said, merely a place where he held the occasional meeting. He said he had paid for it out of his own pocket.

But then he said he had made a private arrangement with one of the owners, who may have donated the space. Then he went on to say he did not know who owned the building.

"They never donated money," he said. "I am not privy to the detail. It was a private arrangement. I organised it myself, I paid for it myself."

Building co-owner Chris Picone said he could not recall the details of how Mr Humphries came to use suite three before being elected. "It was in the normal course of commercial activity. It was vacant and he inquired. There is no mystery to it," Mr Picone said.

A spokesman for the Election Funding Authority said as far as campaign offices were concerned, there was no such thing as a "private arrangement". The use of any office had to be declared in electoral funding returns.

Mr Humphries has a long connection to 161 Balo Street. Suite four was the business address of MAK Fuels, a business he started with two other men in 2006 with a view to establishing an ethanol plant in Moree.

The Australian Securities and Investment Commission received an application to deregister MAK Fuels on May 7 - three weeks after Mr Humphries told The Sun-Herald it had been "wound up" last year - and months after he asked State Parliament to secure his electorate office in suites two to six.

Parliamentary Speaker Richard Torbay said:

"MPs are made aware that any real or perceived conflict of interest should be disclosed so the proper probity proceedings are followed."

LNK
Back to top Go down
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

OZschwitz: Corrupt National Party MP Kevin Humphries under fire over offices Vide
PostSubject: Re: OZschwitz: Corrupt National Party MP Kevin Humphries under fire over offices   OZschwitz: Corrupt National Party MP Kevin Humphries under fire over offices Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 8:45 pm

Hope they burn the motherfucking statist parasite!
Back to top Go down

OZschwitz: Corrupt National Party MP Kevin Humphries under fire over offices

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps On Realpolitik, Statism & Bureaucracy-