AnCaps
ANARCHO-CAPITALISTS
Bitch-Slapping Statists For Fun & Profit Based On The Non-Aggression Principle

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Good Samaritan gets statist thanks: 'A kick in the balls I just didn't need': brave Aussie loses UK visa bid

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

Good Samaritan gets statist thanks: 'A kick in the balls I just didn't need': brave Aussie loses UK visa bid Vide
PostSubject: Good Samaritan gets statist thanks: 'A kick in the balls I just didn't need': brave Aussie loses UK visa bid   Good Samaritan gets statist thanks: 'A kick in the balls I just didn't need': brave Aussie loses UK visa bid Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 8:07 pm

An Australian man recognised for his bravery after suffering knife wounds while protecting elderly women on a London bus has been refused the right to remain in the UK, a newspaper reports.

Good Samaritan gets statist thanks: 'A kick in the balls I just didn't need': brave Aussie loses UK visa bid 729smits620x349

Tim Smits, 33, from Melbourne, was stabbed and punched when he stood up to thugs on a bus in September 2011, Britain's Evening Standard newspaper reported.

It's made me question if I want to live in a country that wants to kick me out, even though I love it here.

His actions earned him a local council citizenship award and an honour from the Carnegie Hero Trust Fund.

However, the UK Border Agency has rejected the graphic artist's application for a compassionate extension to his visa.
Advertisement

Mr Smits spent months recovering from the violent attack for which two men were jailed.

"What needs to happen before it's compelling and compassionate?" Mr Smits told the Standard on Thursday of his visa extension application.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/a-kick-in-the-balls-i-just-didnt-need-brave-aussie-loses-visa-bid-20121207-2aywe.html#ixzz2EK97lPkv
Back to top Go down

Good Samaritan gets statist thanks: 'A kick in the balls I just didn't need': brave Aussie loses UK visa bid

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: Via AnCaps: Law & Enforced Unnatural Order-