View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

Anarcho-Capitalist NEWS: Legalize free-market currency: Holloman Vide
PostSubject: Anarcho-Capitalist NEWS: Legalize free-market currency: Holloman   Anarcho-Capitalist NEWS: Legalize free-market currency: Holloman Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 3:00 am

While the federal government largely treats gold, silver and copper as collectibles — imposing taxes on the precious medals — Darryl Holloman said he views the valuables as the answer to the U.S. economy, which he said has become the modern reincarnation of “fascism.”

Anarcho-Capitalist NEWS: Legalize free-market currency: Holloman 1019darrylholloman

The Goldsboro-based computer programmer, who is running on the Libertarian ticket for N.C.’s 1st Congressional District, has proposed legalizing free-market currency and letting people leisurely deal-in and exchange equity.

The plan, Holloman said, would spur growth, and help Congress and the White House address the $16.2 trillion national debt, $1.8 trillion spent on entitlement programs, and the “nonstop wars” that have cost the country $1.4 trillion.

“The economy is not getting better,” Holloman, 50, said during an interview last week at The Daily Reflector. “We are just treading water, until we get eaten by sharks.”

Although Holloman has never served in public office, he ran for Congress in 2010. Since his first campaign, he has studied Austrian economics under the inspiration of Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul to learn the “truth” about economics and the current state of the U.S. market.

“Someone has to bring some common sense to the conversation,” Holloman said. “I’m scared for my country, for my future and for my child’s future.”

“All I hear out of the other two parties is more of the same nonsense that got us here,” Holloman said. “They think they can put a different coat of paint on it and everything will be fine.”

From where Holloman stands, he said there is no difference between the Democrats and the Republicans, whose presidential nominations, Mitt Romney and Barack Obama, he said believe the government should manage the economy, but in different ways.

“The government needs to be scaled way, way, way back,” Holloman said.

Holloman considers himself an “anarcho-capitalist,” a philosophy that advocates the elimination of the state in favor of individual sovereignty.

The software writer said he supports cuts in military spending and wants to bring U.S. troops home by 2013.

“I do not believe government is necessary, nor do I believe it is necessarily evil,” Holloman said.

http://www.reflector.com/news/holloman-legalize-free-market-currency-1276675
Back to top Go down

Anarcho-Capitalist NEWS: Legalize free-market currency: Holloman

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Non-Miscellaneous :: Anarcho-Capitalist NEWS-