HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Switzerland: The country where everything works

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

Switzerland: The country where everything works Vide
PostSubject: Switzerland: The country where everything works   Switzerland: The country where everything works Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 7:06 pm

While waiting for a train the other day that didn't turn up, I had the chance to think about how things work – or rather, in Australia, how they sometimes don't work.

Switzerland: The country where everything works Art-Switzerland-Train-2-620x349

The NSW government spent something like $70 million on implementing an integrated public transport ticketing system for Sydney that was never actually implemented. It was a complete dud. And that was nothing compared to the $1.52 billion cost of Victoria's infamous myki system.

And it's not like we could have just copied the system from a city that already has one, is it? Oh, right, it is. But we didn't.

I was thinking about this, mostly, because I've just come back from Switzerland, a country where Absolutely Everything Works. This is not just clichés about clockwork and efficiency – the place really does work perfectly. It's almost frightening.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/travel/blogs/the-backpacker/the-country-where-everything-works-20120911-25q53.html#ixzz27cVGIxl4
Back to top Go down

Switzerland: The country where everything works

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps In Science, Technology & Environment-