AnCaps
ANARCHO-CAPITALISTS
Bitch-Slapping Statists For Fun & Profit Based On The Non-Aggression Principle

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Right to abort foetuses with abnormalities?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

Right to abort foetuses with abnormalities? Vide
PostSubject: Right to abort foetuses with abnormalities?   Right to abort foetuses with abnormalities? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 6:38 pm

My first meeting with Toby saw him bounding into the library with scraps of paper tumbling out of his satchel, garbling apologies for the fact that he was one hour late. Luckily, he had a mischievous grin that won him instant forgiveness.

Right to abort foetuses with abnormalities? Girlwide620x349

Toby has autism.

In the year that I tutored him we had vigorous political debate (anyone to the left of George Bush was a communist) he thrilled to Australian history (particularly Menzies) and he informed me on a weekly basis that I was most definitely ‘not hot’. Not like my flatmate, who was more to his tastes.

Toby’s cognitive and physical impairments, not to mention his aesthetic and political misjudgements, have not prevented him from leading the happiest of lives. He completed an arts degree, has a large and loving circle of friends and plays in a spectacularly unsuccessful AFL team. Toby was lucky to be born into a supportive middle-class family. Soon we may say that he was lucky to be born at all.
Advertisement

News recently broke that researchers are in the process of designing a screening test that could point, before birth, to a likelihood of autism. While reporters were quick to say that this could help parents prepare for having an autistic child, it could also, more obviously, help parents decide whether they actually want an autistic child at all.

http://www.dailylife.com.au/health-and-fitness/the-foetal-position-20120911-25poc.html
Back to top Go down

Right to abort foetuses with abnormalities?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps On Rights, Individualism & Lifestyles-