HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Federal Judge Calls for Legalizing Marijuana

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

Federal Judge Calls for Legalizing Marijuana Vide
PostSubject: Federal Judge Calls for Legalizing Marijuana   Federal Judge Calls for Legalizing Marijuana Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 5:27 am

Richard A. Posner, a widely respected federal judge, called for the elimination of criminal laws against marijuana in a September 6 lecture at Elmhurst College in Illinois.

Federal Judge Calls for Legalizing Marijuana Richardposner

Judge Posner, a member of the influential United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit in Chicago, is an intellectual giant who is the most-cited judge in America. His call for legalization is significant because Posner is considered a legal conservative.

“I don’t think we should have a fraction of the drug laws that we have. I think it’s really absurd to be criminalizing possession or use or distribution of marijuana,” he said. “I can’t see any difference between that and cigarettes.” The audience gave him a round of applause.

In his introduction of Posner, Judge William J. Bauer, his colleague on the 7th Circuit, called him “a genius.” Posner has written hundreds of court opinions and 40 books on many topics. Law schools have classes devoted to his legal rulings. He attended Yale College, was valedictorian when he graduated from Harvard Law School and started his legal career as a clerk for the Supreme Court of the United States.

http://blogs.lawyers.com/2012/09/respected-federal-judge-calls-for-legalizing-marijuana/
Back to top Go down

Federal Judge Calls for Legalizing Marijuana

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: Via AnCaps: Law & Enforced Unnatural Order-