HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Excellent: OZschwitz war memorial attacked

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

Excellent: OZschwitz war memorial attacked Vide
PostSubject: Excellent: OZschwitz war memorial attacked   Excellent: OZschwitz war memorial attacked Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 6:22 pm

POLICE are reviewing CCTV footage to find out who attacked a Sydney war memorial.

Excellent: OZschwitz war memorial attacked Artcenotaph620x349

The bayonet of the bronze soldier at the Martin Place cenotaph was bent out of shape.

The Police Commissioner, Andrew Scipione, described it as an ''outrageous act of vandalism''.

''We'll go as hard as we can to find out who's done this,'' he said yesterday.
Advertisement

''The death of five Diggers is extraordinarily saddening, but when an event like this happens in a sacred place like the war memorial I think that we've reached a new low,'' he said.

Mr Scipione said he hoped the timing of the attack, after the deaths of five Australian soldiers in Afghanistan, was a coincidence. ''But I'm probably not that kind in my mindset,'' he said.

The president of the NSW RSL, Don Rowe, said it was a deliberate and ''extremely upsetting'' attack on a sacred symbol.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/outrageous-attack-on-cenotaph-20120831-255ni.html#ixzz25AISQ57A
Back to top Go down

Excellent: OZschwitz war memorial attacked

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: Via AnCaps: Law & Enforced Unnatural Order-