AnCaps
ANARCHO-CAPITALISTS
Bitch-Slapping Statists For Fun & Profit Based On The Non-Aggression Principle

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Rights violation: I'll protect abortion rights, says murderous OZschwitz PM Gillard

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

Rights violation: I'll protect abortion rights, says murderous OZschwitz PM Gillard Vide
PostSubject: Rights violation: I'll protect abortion rights, says murderous OZschwitz PM Gillard   Rights violation: I'll protect abortion rights, says murderous OZschwitz PM Gillard Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 6:54 pm

Labor will always support and protect access to publicly funded abortions, Prime Minister Julia Gillard has promised in yet another pitch to the female vote.

Rights violation: I'll protect abortion rights, says murderous OZschwitz PM Gillard Artabortion620x349

In what are believed to be her most outspoken comments on the issue, Ms Gillard told a dinner held by the Australian Medical Association on Wednesday night that vigilance was required to "protect the progress we've made, particularly in women's health".

"Women must have the right to healthcare and women must have the right to choose," Ms Gillard said in the speech, unreported at the time.

"Whether it's the independence of the [Therapeutic Goods Administration's] decisions in regulating fertility treatments, whether it's allowing our foreign aid budget to include spending on family planning, whether it's supporting a woman's right to choose through Medicare-funded services, that's my commitment to Australian women as Prime Minister."
Advertisement

The speech fitted in with Ms Gillard's recent pitch to women through social media and a morning tea she held with some of the most influential bloggers and commentators on women's issues.

Advisers to the Prime Minister said the comments were part of a strategy to talk more about issues of importance to women, such as childcare, flexible working hours, the equal pay case and superannuation.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/political-news/ill-protect-abortion-rights-says-gillard-20120825-24ti0.html#ixzz24bLWc3Fi
Back to top Go down

Rights violation: I'll protect abortion rights, says murderous OZschwitz PM Gillard

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps On Rights, Individualism & Lifestyles-