View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

Good stuff: Indian women turn to firearms against threat of violence Vide
PostSubject: Good stuff: Indian women turn to firearms against threat of violence   Good stuff: Indian women turn to firearms against threat of violence Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 7:20 pm

Guns are increasingly popular with well-off Indian women who feel that they should be able to defend themselves against crime

When Dr Harveen Kaur Sidhu travels from her home in an upmarket neighbourhood of the north-western Indian city of Chandigarh, she always slips her lightweight .22 revolver in her bag. The gun is a new purchase – Sidhu got her licence only a year ago – but now the 33-year-old dentist won't travel without it.

"I don't have faith in the police to protect me.
There are so many attacks on women these days. It's everybody's right to defend themselves. I think all women who are vulnerable should be carrying guns," Sidhu said. She is not alone. A growing number of well-off, educated Indian women are turning to firearms for protection.

The trend is part of a broader growth of gun culture in the land once known for the non-violent principles of Mahatma Gandhi.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/may/21/indian-women-take-up-firearms
Back to top Go down

Good stuff: Indian women turn to firearms against threat of violence

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps On Rights, Individualism & Lifestyles-