View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

Funny: Top Dem leader: Romney was 'raping companies' Vide
PostSubject: Funny: Top Dem leader: Romney was 'raping companies'   Funny: Top Dem leader: Romney was 'raping companies' Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 6:37 pm

President Obama has said Mitt Romney's record at Bain Capital is fair game in the campaign, but his team is drawing the line at the use of particular words by an ally.

Funny: Top Dem leader: Romney was 'raping companies' Clyburn20xinsetcommunit

Rep. James Clyburn, the House's No. 3 Democratic leader, said in a TV interview today that the presumptive GOP presidential nominee and the private-equity firm he founded have been involved in "raping companies."

"This is not an attack on free enterprise," Clyburn, D-S.C., said on MSNBC. "I don't take contributions from payday lenders. I refuse to do that. That's free enterprise. ... And there's something about raping companies and leaving them in debt and setting up Swiss bank accounts and corporate businesses in the Grand Caymans. I have a real serious problem with that."

Patrick Devlin, a spokesman for Clyburn, said the congressman used the term "raping" as "a synonym for rob or plunder."

Lis Smith, a spokeswoman for Obama's re-election campaign, said in a statement that Team Obama "strongly" disagrees with the South Carolina lawmaker's "choice of words. They have no place in this conversation."

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/onpolitics/post/2012/05/james-clyburn-mitt-romney-raping-companies-bain-capital-/1
Back to top Go down

Funny: Top Dem leader: Romney was 'raping companies'

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Non-Miscellaneous :: AnCaps & Humor-