HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

How to travel 40,000 kms without a dollar

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

How to travel 40,000 kms without a dollar  Vide
PostSubject: How to travel 40,000 kms without a dollar    How to travel 40,000 kms without a dollar  Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 5:33 am

Michael Wigge left Berlin without a penny and travelled 40,225km to Antarctica, hitchhiking, bartering and working his way by ship, plane, car and foot, from Europe to Canada and the US and then through Latin America.

How to travel 40,000 kms without a dollar  Artmichaelwigge420x0

A series about his project, How to Travel the World for Free, is airing on US television throughout May and June, using video Wigge shot of his adventures. Here are some details on how he did the project and how it went.

THE TRIP: Wigge, a travel journalist and videographer who speaks German, English and Spanish, left Berlin in June 2010 and travelled for 150 days through 11 countries, arriving in Antarctica in November 2010. More than 100 people helped, providing transportation, food and places to sleep. He planned the journey for a year before starting out, collecting contacts for those who might provide accommodations or odd jobs, but he also relied on the kindness of strangers.
Advertisement: Story continues below

FOOD: At first, Wigge scrounged for food from garbage bins behind supermarkets, but he soon realised that "Dumpster diving wasn't necessary. I could walk in and do a barter. I offered to clean the floor or the shelf or wash the dishes in the restaurant in exchange for an old sandwich. And most of the people I approached in shops, supermarkets and restaurants gave me something".

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/travel/how-to-travel-40000-kms-without-a-dollar-20120517-1yt2c.html#ixzz1vDDgUkZT
Back to top Go down

How to travel 40,000 kms without a dollar

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps On Rights, Individualism & Lifestyles-