View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

I'm enjoying my death. It's the most fulfilling time of my life  Vide
PostSubject: I'm enjoying my death. It's the most fulfilling time of my life    I'm enjoying my death. It's the most fulfilling time of my life  Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 9:17 pm

One man's extraordinarily powerful - and ultimately inspiring - account of how he came to terms with the most devastating news of all...

Philip Gould was the brilliant Labour Party strategist who helped bring Tony Blair to power in 1997, and was awarded a peerage in 2004. Here, in the first of two extracts from his new book serialised in the Mail he describes movingly the journey from being diagnosed with oesophageal cancer in 2008 to being told he had three months to live. He died at 61 last November, with his wife Gail and their daughters, Georgia, 25, and Grace, 22, by his side.

I'm enjoying my death. It's the most fulfilling time of my life  Article213863112e29dd30

Sedated but fully conscious, I am lying on my side hearing the quiet hum of medical conversation around me. A small camera eases down my gullet, displaying all it sees on television screens. I prefer not to watch. It’s ten o’clock on Tuesday, January 29, 2008, and this is where it all begins.

The voices in the private clinic are calm and subdued. But then suddenly it is as though a goal has been scored at Wembley. The room explodes with noise and energy. They have discovered a cancer, and I hear the word ‘big’. They talk as if I am not there.

The camera is removed and the doctor tells me with barely concealed excitement that they have found a growth that is certain to be a malignant tumour and that it is large. ‘What are my chances?’ I ask. ‘Fifty-fifty,’ he replies, and I feel a combination of shock and hope.

More: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2138631/Philip-Gould-Im-enjoying-death-Its-fulfilling-time-life.html
Back to top Go down

I'm enjoying my death. It's the most fulfilling time of my life

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps & Psychology, Edumbcation, Even IndoctriNation-